More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, February 05, 2012

Photo Hunt, Crazy Finish & a Little Stash to Top it All Off!

I am a day late and a dollar short with this week's PhotoHunt!  The theme is "flat"


This photo was taken  in November of 2011 when my head instructor was testing for his Masters in Taekwon-Do.  During his self defense skit, he knocked my friend Jason "flat" on the floor.

I've not really had any time at all for stitching this week.  I spent Monday-Wednesday nights at the dojang, I also went to Weight Watchers (where I just can't get my act together, I gained 1.5 this week), Thursday I had a lovely visit with a friend and started a little shopping on the way home that night... which I will tell you about when I get my purchase (don't have it yet).  I was also back in at Taekwon-Do on Saturday (after wrapping up my shopping) to assist with the written and physical test for 3 black belt candidates.  Doesn't all of that make you feel as exhausted as I did by the time Friday night rolled around?

Polar Friends - Night
c2002 Stitcher's Habit
Stitched on 32ct Ocean Fantasy Linen from Silkweavers
Stitched with DMC, WDW and Kreinik braid & blending filament

Today I decided not to pull Enchantment of Winter out right away, I'm a little tired of it at the moment I think.  So instead I worked on one of my Crazy Challenge pieces which I managed to finish today!  So that's 3 Crazy Finishes down... 12 to go!


During December I participated in Becky's Ornament Challenge and I was the "International Winner"!  I won a $25 gift certificate to 123 Stitch, I finally received my purchases earlier this week!  I am now participating in the Winter Challenge and the above Happy Dance will sure fit the bill!

I was planning on sharing progress on EOW and Accolade with you but I just got the reminder that the full moon is on Tuesday which means I'll have a WIPocalypse update for you in a few short days!  So it can wait for now.

20 comments:

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Haven't been blogging for a while but glad to see you are still doing well and stitching. Cute Polar finish and I love that Maple leaf pattern you got with your winnings. CJ in OK ;-)

Kathy A. said...

Love that maple leaf hon!!!! Sending hugs

Linda said...

Polar Friends is just adorable. I love the fabric.

Linda

Unknown said...

Great photo and well done on the finish, 3/12 in Feb is good going. Love the maple leaf.

Nicola said...

I love the Maple Leaf pattern, sounds as if you have had a busy week.

Christine said...

Polar Friends is adorable and I love the new Maple leaf design you bought

cucki said...

aww cute..sweet polar friends..
the maple leaf is a fun stitching too..
big hugs cucki xxx

Giovanna said...

What a cute finish - well done!

Chris said...

Sweet finish and lovely new stash.

Bette said...

I love Polar Friends and I sure hear you about WW. Haven't been able to get back on track since before Christmas when I got sick.

Sarah said...

Cute polar finish and your new stash is lovely!

Coco Cross Stitcher said...

Such a busy person it sounds. at least you managed some stitching and finishing.
x catherine

Julie said...

Lovely linen you used on Polar Friends.
Hope you have a quieter week. X

Lynn said...

Love your little Polar Friends finish! Great stash additions too. I have that AA Maple Leaf in my collection as well. I think it will be gorgeous when it's all stitched up.

Joysze said...

Awwww, look how cute Polar Friends is!! The fabbie is great for the design too!

Nice stash, looking forward to seeing your WIPs for them. :D

Sally said...

Polar Friends is so cute!

Congratulations on winning the GC. You chose some lovely charts.

Carol said...

Sounds like you've had a very busy, busy week, Dani!! Your little winter finish is adorable and I love the things you chose with Becky's GC--enjoy :)

Ewa said...

Oh I am LOVING that maple leaf design - I'm starting to have a lust for monochromatic designs - beautiful!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

lovely finish :)

ollie1976 said...

congrats on the finish!
-Jen