More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, February 26, 2012

February TUSAL and Happy Dance!

I was away on the February 21st which was the official TUSAL date, but I don't like to be behind, here's the TUSAL for this month!


I did get a lot of stitching done one the plane, more so on the way home than the way down.  Why on the way home?  Well first we were delayed leaving La Romana our plane was 40 minutes late coming in.  Then once we were in the air we found out that our 3.5 hour flight was going to be about 4.5 as the US Military had closed down the airspace we would of normally travelled through for some sort of testing.  Sigh.  So I stitched my heart out!  When we arrived in Toronto, our plane we were supposed to get on was yet again late.  In the end we didn't get home until after 1:30am when we should of gotten back at 11:30 PM.  But I did stitch.


Snowman '10
c2010 Lizzie*Kate
Stitched on: 28ct Canada Goose by Sugar Maple Fabrics
Stitched with: Weeks Dye Works, Gentle Arts Sampler Threads, and DMC



With a little more time Saturday and today, I managed to finish the piece I took down with me to the Dominican Republic!

30 comments:

carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

Such a cute finish, Dani! And I'm glad you arrived home safely--looking forward to seeing your DR pictures :)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a happy little stitch, it made me smile.

Veronica said...

Adorable little snowman. Love the cheerful colours.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Lesleyanne said...

Welcome home. Congrats on the finish. Your orts look great. Sorry your flight was delayed.

Christine said...

Lovely snowman finish, he almost makes the flight delays worthwhile ;)

Unknown said...

Bummer to the delays but on the up side you got lots of stitching done. Love the little snowman and I'm really liking the fabric he's on.

cucki said...

very cute finish..love for you xx

Kate said...

Welcome back. Great snowman finish - almost makes the delays worthwhile.

Giovanna said...

Such a cute finish - congrats!

Bette said...

Welcome home! Love the little snowman. He's so cute and colorful.

Chris said...

It is frustrating that you flight was delayed but at least you stitched this wonderful guy. I love him :)

Autumn said...

I've seen so many of these LK snowmen and becoming more and more tempted. LOL

Anonymous said...

Beautiful project and glad you made it safe back home :-)Ann

blue star stitcher said...

Cute finish, and how awful all those delays! yuck

Sarah said...

Sounds like an eventful trip! lovely finish, your fabric choice is wonderful!

valerie said...

What a cute finish! This is one of my favorite snowmen. Can't wait to hear all about your DR trip.

Joysze said...

Awww, he's darling!!! :D

Daffycat said...

Wow, your ORTs look especially crisp and bright!

Love this L*K Snowman!

Melanie said...

Suuuuuuuuuuuuper cute!!

I did this piece last year and I never ever ever get tired of seeing his happy face pop up on the blogs. :)

Mouse said...

oooo well done on the finish :) bummer re the flight times but at least you are back safe and sound :) love mouse xxxx

Linda said...

Hi Dani. Congrats on the finish. I love the snowman. Have him in my stash, I should dig it out.

Linda

Julie said...

He's a cutie..
Looking forward to learning about your trip.

Sally said...

Welcome back Dani :)

LOVE your finish! He is so cute. Love the fabric you stitched him on too.

Felicity said...

What a cute little finish!

Kathy A. said...

Glad you are home safe and sound!
Lovely little finish.

Lynn said...

That is one cute snowman! Glad you made it home safely. Too bad you had to come home to all this white stuff though!

Jo said...

Glad you got home OK, even if it was a little later than planned! I'm looking forward to the DR report!

Congratulations on a very cute finish.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

beautiful finish :D

Marexstitch said...

So cute!