More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Friday, December 23, 2011

Another Ornament HD and the Treadmill Saga Continues!

Its been a busy week!  There hasn't been much time for stitching, and when I've had some time in the evenings I keep finding myself falling asleep.  So my stitching time has turned into sleepy time lately!  The end of the week is here, I made it!  I am now off of work and don't go back until January 9th!  So once the sillyness of Christmas is over (24th and 25th for us) its feet up and stitching out for me!

In between bouts of work and sleep I did manage to finish another one of Daffycat's adorable Reindeer freebies!  I love these and hope she gifts us with more!

Ribbon Reindeer
c2011 Sharon Bennett
Stitched on 32ct Queen Ann's Lace Joblean
Stitched with DMC

I have been poking away at the over one backstitch on Enchantment of Winter, but that's just it poking away.  Boy this is taking forever!

--Non Stitchy Stuff--

So the treadmill saga continues and this girl is still not running and is starting to get nasty over it all (did I mention I'm feeling a little gross and bloated lately?).  I feel like all the running I had been doing since October has just been thrown away and I feel things going flabby instead of firming up!

Here's the timeline for my saga :

December 3rd we went to a well known department store hoping to buy a treadmill and take it home with us that day.  It turns out they don't keep them in stock you have to order it.  They offered to have it sent to a catalogue pickup depot if we wanted and we picked that option because it was closer to home with us.  We would have our new treadmill in 7-10 days.  Okay that was acceptable.

December 13th, still no call to pick up our treadmill.  After constantly getting a busy line at the catalogue pickup I called the department store we ordered it from.  We were informed that it had been delivered on December 10th.  Now I was confused, why hadn't we been called?  So I called the pick up location and finally got a person!  After some confusion it turns out they had sent our treadmill BACK as soon as it arrived.  They had been told by orders that a treadmill was to be returned, but the weren't told which order because ours was a purchase and the other one was a gift for pick up they assumed ours was the one to be returned.  So I had to call the department store where we made the purchase back.  Had them order a new one, we had to be charged a second time and that the first charge would be refunded (still waiting on that).  We were offered free home delivery, and the price had dropped on the treadmill so we were saving more money.  I was okay with this.

December 21st the treadmill was delivered, I had to have my Mum hang out at my house to accept the delivery.

Today, December 23rd Todd has the time to finish assembling the treadmill.  Turns out one of the feet is broken!  The customer service rep I had been dealing with at the department store is now off until the 27th.  I called service and I'm told a technician has to come out to our house to fix it.  I am not happy anymore.  I've called customer service to complain telling them we should be receiving some sort of compensation for this.  We made our purchase on December 3rd, they've had our money since then (well twice at the moment) and we still cannot use our purchase... and if it can't be fixed on the 27th ... who knows when?  Actually if the tech can't fix it then and there, he can take it back and they can refund us both charges!  Despite lodging my complaint with Customer Service at the 1-888 number I will be calling the fellow at the department store as well on Tuesday.  This whole situation has been unacceptable... I don't understand why they have to send out someone to fix the product we received from the store/warehouse broken.  We didn't break it, we should just get a new one.

I'm pissed off over this whole affair!

10 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Dani - your treadmill saga is so frustrating for you. You poor things. They should replace the broken one and compensate you for all your trouble, too.

I feel your pain.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Aussie Stitcher said...

I hope you get a solution to this saga Dani, it is not good enough. As a customer service officer I really hate hearing about others receiving bad customer service.

Lesleyanne said...

I can totally see why you are pissed off Dani, I think anybody would be too. I hope it gets sorted for you. Love your finish. Merry Christmas.

Christine said...

How annoying! If it was broken on receipt surely you are entitled to a replacement?
Have a happy Christmas

Chris said...

Hey Dani!
What a great vavation!! I hope that you have time to do lots of fun things over the next couple of weeks. HAving worked retail for years I am tickled to be off for 4 days :)
The treadmill saga sucks. I know that you will get back on track soon. I am going to too after the holidays.
I hope that your Christmas is wonderful! Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2012!

Carol said...

Oh, I'm so sorry the treadmill debacle continues, Dani!! I agree with you, you should definitely get a brand new product not a repaired one... Good luck with getting it resolved soon...

Your latest ornament is so cute--and I hope you have a joyous Christmas Day!

Jodie said...

Your reindeer finish is adorable!! As for the treadmill saga....that SUCKS!!!!

However....I encourage you to try running outside :-) I know, it's cold and windy and slippery and it's hard to breathe but I swear, you'll come home feeling so refreshed and happy...it's worth it. Plus, it's such a pretty time of year to be outside! Oh, and on a happy note, you burn a few more calories because your body has to work a little harder to warm itself up :-P

Angela said...

Would that be Sears Dani? My Mom had a similar problem with an excerise bike she purchased and had the run around for almost 2 months and no compensation was ever offered!

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Dani and Todd.

Hope the 27th finds you with an operational treadmill.

Melanie said...

Ugh. That SUCKS. I'm so sorry this is turning out to be an epic thing. :(