More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ottawa Bluesfest 2011 - Three Days Grace


Its a hot and muggy July evening in the heart of Downtown Ottawa and Ottawa's biggest music festival is in progress, Ottawa Bluesfest.


The festival is held in the shadow of the Parliament Buildings, the seat of Canada's Government, on the shores of the Ottawa River, in the front yard of the War Museum.


Christin and I have stayed away from Bluesfest since the venue changed from the front lawn of Ottawa City Hall.  The venue change was to allow for more space and bigger audiences.  I had heard reports that some nights the crowds reached upwards to 20,000 people and I didn't like the idea of being on the ground with that many people.  Face it, I'm a wee thing!  Boy, I was wrong!  The set-up is fantastic, the space is more than enough and it allows for the festival to run several stages at once.

Tonight we went and enjoyed Three Days Grace who we had last seen about a year and a half ago when they came to Scotiabank Place.  I have to say we had a fantastic time at both shows!  They really pulled out all the hits!

Here's a selection of photos from the show:

 Pyro Baby!!!!


 Crowd surfers


 What a cutie, he could eat crackers in my bed!



Next up for Christin and I is Theory of a Dead Man & Billy Talent on Thursday night!  I'm really looking forward to seeing Billy again!

Please hold tight, the rodeo report will be forthcoming, I just have about 400 pictures to weed down to the best shots.

10 comments:

The Outgoing Introvert said...

Bluesfest looks like a blast! Glad you had a good time. I have a question, is Hunter a Chocolate Cat?

Lesleyanne said...

Great photos from the Bluesfest. Looks like you had a great time. Love the comment "he can eat crackers in my bed" made me laugh out loud.

Unknown said...

great you had a good time!
best wishes

Christine said...

Looks like a great concert

Julie said...

I've really enjoyed having a blog reading catch up here Dani, you have been busy recently.

Well done on the run, the concert looks super

Bonnie Brown said...

Looks like you guys had a great time
See you soon!

Ginny said...

Looks like a blast! I love your comment "..he can eat crackers in my bed"! I had never heard that before and had a good laugh at that one.

Anonymous said...

You got some great pictures.

Have fun at the next concert!

mdgtjulie said...

Wow, four hundred photos!! Your concert photos are amazing. Glad you enjoyed yourselves, and I hope you have as good a time at the next concert!!

Carol said...

Looks like a great time for you and Christin, Dani--it's nice to have a good friend to go to all these concerts and festivals with.

Good luck weeding down your 400 photos! I've been doing that with our Europe photos--what a task!