More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

An Evening With Roy & Hailey

Tonight I had a surprisingly wonderful evening out with my Mum.  Now I'm in now way saying I don't like spending time with my Mum, I do.  Its just I wasn't sure what to expect out of tonight's evening out and I was surprised at how much of a good time it was!

I picked my Mum up after work and first we went out for dinner, I had a salad (sigh) but it was very good.  Food, my willpower, and I are not getting along so well lately.  We then headed over to Centerpointe Theater for "An Evening With the Croppers from Coronation Street"

Hailey's infamous anorak and Roy's bag

There it is, I've put it in print, out there for the world to see I'm a Corrie fan!  It was kinda by proxy, my Mum has watched the show since it first started when she was 9 and I've grown up watching it.  I still do as an adult.  On Friday night my Mum called me to tell me she heard that "Roy & Hailey" were in town and you could get tickets.  We both weren't sure what to expect but life is short and we decided to go!


It was a 2 hour interview style event with an audience Q&A at the end.  All I can say is they were great speakers, they looked like they were having fun doing this, and the audience had a good time too!!

Thanks Mum!

Let's throw in a quick PhotoHunt, the theme for March 17th was "Licence Plate"

No special meaning behind this shot, its just one of the many very fun shots I got back in the fall when I went to a junk/antique shop with a friend of mine.

15 comments:

Kate said...

Wow - a closet Corrie fan. Sounds like it was a fun evening.

Karen said...

I can't say I'm much of a Coronation Street fan myself, but those that are seem to be dye-hard fans. Glad to hear you had a good time with your mom! :)

Alice said...

What a neat way to spend an evening! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Lesleyanne said...

Sounds like you had a great evening from a fellow corrie fan.

Cat Slave said...

I was there too Dani! It was fun.

Bonnie Brown said...

I'm glad you had a great time with your Mum.

I really really have to remember to take my camera more places... I love some of the cool pics you get of random things :)

Angela said...

I'm a MAJOR huge Corrie fan too :) I've watched it on and off for just over 20 years but I have to admit that I am now completely addicted to it and can't wait for the next episode.

BTW- I'm all caught up and watching the episodes that are nw airing in Britain, we are so far behind here! But there's some really amazing stuff coming up ;)

Julie said...

Fancy you being a closset Corrie fan!

Loretta said...

What a lovely evening. I have been a Corrie fan since my teens (eons ago)!

jane said...

Sounds like an interesting evening Dani - living in Manchester we have to be fans of Corrie and Roy and Hayley are my 2 favourite characters

Anonymous said...

Im a fan too, would have been awesome to be there. I cant imagine what Roy would be like in real life though :)

Lynn said...

Nice that you can spend some quality time with your Mom. I don't get that opportunity very often. Can't say that I'm a Coronation Street fan but it sounds like a fun way to spend an evening.

Crazee4books said...

Hi Dani,

Well, you're in for it now.
Coming out of the closet and
admitting yourself to be a
Corrie fan is the first step
towards getting help.

Well, since we're all friends
here I'll admit to watching a
bit of Corrie as well in the
past. My Mom was a fan and
watched every Sunday morning
to catch up on the latest
doings on "the Street". I
haven't watched it in years
and I understand that there
have been a lot of changes and
departures since then. It's
amazing how the show just keeps
going and going and going,
generation after generation.

Well, I can understand the
appeal of going to this sort
of show since I've gone to
the same sort of thing for
Star Trek and other Sci-fi
shows that I have loved.

And it was a nice night out
with your Mom.

Cheers!

Siobhán said...

Wow, you got to see Roy & Hailey!! We're huge Corrie fans here. I remember coming over to Ireland and watching it in the 80s; it's funny to think that in the '10s, I am checking the magazines at the grocery store to see what Corrie spoilers I can pick up.

Carolyn NC said...

Glad you had a great evening out with your mom!