More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Two of Four

Happy Mother's Day to all you Mothers out there! What a job you do, one I must say I'm doing my best to avoid!
I have to say I've got the best Mum ever! What makes a Mother the best Mum ever? That after all the trials and tribulations of growing up, that as an adult your Mum is one of your best friends. My Mum and I get along beautifully, we can spend the day together hanging out and we enjoy it, go to concerts and rock out together... we can spend a week together and not kill each other. That's the sign of a great Mum! Thanks for everything and being a great Mum!

Unfortunately we didn't get to have our afternoon at the movies and lunch out. My Mum called this morning, she wasn't feeling that great. Despite being a bit disappointed, I have to say it was nice to roll over and go back to bed! We might try again after work tomorrow.

I did a little bit of domestic goddess stuff, stitched, did a 5K run, and just relaxed!

I started and finished a lovely little blackwork freebie today, it'll be one of my ornaments for this month, the second of four I'd like to get done in May.


Geometric Blackwork #3
Stitched on : Mystery fabric
Stitched with : DMC & Rainbow Galleries Pettite Treasure Braid

Then this afternoon I finally got to pick up, and really enjoy working on Blackstone Fantasy Garden. This piece will now be my focus piece until its finished. I focused on the knotwork outlining today, since I was home alone and could count without interruption. Also next Saturday I'm having a stitching day out at my place and I think I'll be better off filling in than counting.


I am looking forward to my stitching day on Saturday! I've got Rebbecca, Lynn, Kathy, Beatrice, Beth and hopefully Christin (she's got a picture of me from our pool day yesterday... click on it for a bigger pic) coming out. I don't often have stitchy days because I don't seem to be able to find stitchers in my area that are interested in this sort of thing. So I was very lucky that my friends from outside of the Ottawa area are all free on the same day to come and stitch with me. So often I'm the one to do the travelling. I guess I should start cleaning the house right???

16 comments:

Gabi said...

Lovely finish. Congrats on that. Your Ink Circle looks great too. Hopefully your mum will feel better tomorrow and you'll spend some nice time together.

Chiloe said...

I think for kids, their moms will always be the greatest (no matter what the moms think of themselves ).

I'd love to go to a stitcher meeting, unfortunately, there is no such things in my area...

Rebel In Ontario said...

Don't worry about cleaning...we will all be looking at our stitching not your house! See you Friday night!

Cindy F. said...

Hope your mom is feeling better soon. She sounds like a really fun person to hang with:)
Beautiful blackwork finish!! and your Blackstone piece is amazing!!!
WOW!
How exciting you're going to have a stitching day at your house with your friends! That's a great time to look forward to!
A 5k run!! Wow girl...that is awesome!! Congrats!!!

Von said...

I'm so glad you've found a small group of local stitchers and you can get together every now and then! You're wise to plan on doing the fill-in stitching during that time. :D Seems the frogs think they're invited to those gatherings too!

Carmen said...

lovley stitching. i hopr your mum feel better.

Christine said...

Love the little blackwork piece. Enjoy your stitching day

claudia said...

I really like the start of the Blackstone Fantasy Garden. Looks like it will be another of your beautiful stitches.
How do you find the time to do all you do? I can barely get out of my own way let alone stitch, clean travel have friends over (that would mean even more cleaning!)
I like your new little ornament fromt eh free pattern. I am partial to the Celtics Knots stuff.

Jo said...

Lovely HD and great progress on Fantasy Garden. I hop you and your mum make it to the movies!

Julie said...

A lovely ornie, and BFG is looking good too. Enjoy your stitchy day with friends.
Hope mum is soon feeling much better.
Love the flip flops piece!

Stitchingranny said...

Lovely finish on a sweet little blackwork design.

Love the BFG. I have that in my wip pile but I did the knot garden first and am only just starting to fill in the blackwork flowers.

Wendy said...

Happy Mother's day to you too. Hope you had a wonderful day!

Beatrice said...

You have been a very busy girl by the sounds of things,
I can't wait until Saturday. I look forward to seeing you and all of the girls.
Your stitching is stunning...love the Geometric black work!
Hope Mom feels well soon.

CindyMae said...

Love the freebie, great finish!! Wonderful progress as well! Also love Flip Flops from the last post! Such a cute piece!!!

Sara said...

I love Blackstone Fantasy Garden, must start it one of these days. Your blackwork freebie should make a great ornament.

Wanda said...

Hi Dani! I'm getting caught up on my blog reading...and yours was the first, of course! I just love the Blackstone Fantasy Garden although I am still trying to figure out how the name and the piece go together...I am just going to watch your progress and I'm sure it will come to me!