More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

An Ornament

Hey folks, sorry I haven't blogged in a few days. I came down with the flu last night, and I've still got it. So I definitely didn't make it into my Weight Watchers meeting tonight. There's one in the area tomorrow evening and if I'm well enough (aka I don't have a fever anymore) then I'll go and get weighed in. One thing in my favour, I suppose is I wasn't able to eat until late tonight, so I hadn't eaten in 24 hours. Hopefully that 2lbs gain from last week is gone??? Of course the flu is not the best way to loose weight.

I'm working on another top secret stitching project again! This time its a gift for someone who I know reads this blog so I can't share it... again! However over the weekend I did stitch up an ornament so I'd have something to share with you. I've been wanting to try out 40ct linen for awhile and I got a piece back in October. I have to say my first go at 40ct wasn't bad at all! Now I didn't even try to stitch in hand, I used q-snaps and good lighting!

Damask Ornament A
Cross Stitcher June 2007
Stitched with 1 strand Gumnut Stars #489
Stitched on 40ct Newcastle Linen

There are three more ornaments in this series and I plan on doing them all.


Oh yeah! Also, late last week I received my fair and square exchange from Stephanie. She stitched a pair of gorgeous squares for me and they will be a fantastic addition to the quilt I'm going to make down the road with them!

15 comments:

Cindy F. said...

So sorry to hear you have the flu!! Hope you get over it very soon!
Great exchange pieces and perfect for a quilt:) (that's what I want to do with my f&s squares)
Hmmm...40ct. I've been wanting to try that myself! Your ornie is beautiful!!

Christine said...

Love the ornament, the 40ct fabric makes it so delicate.
Get well soon

Laura said...

I hope you feel better soon. The flu is really no fun at all. I love the color of your pretty ornament, and am amazed at the thought of stitching on 40 ct. fabric.

Stitcher said...

Lovely ornament Dani!
Hope you feel better soon.

Great concert photos btw.

:o)

Anonymous said...

Get well soon, Dani, and welcome to stitching on 40ct - I always enjoy it. Nice ornie!

Rebel In Ontario said...

Lovely start on the 40 count, what are you gonna do on the rest of the piece you bought?

Sorry to hear you've been down with the flu...my house has been hit with high fevers but that is about it, nothing to affect anyone's appetite.

Hope you feel better soon...

Olga said...

Hope you feel better soon. Your stitching on 40 ct, is so pretty and delicate!

Carla said...

Hope you get better soon!
I also was scared to try 40ct but when I finally used it I didn't find it to hard for my eyes and I think the stitching looks more delicate :)

Julie said...

Get Well Soon

Lovely ornie, highest i've used is 32ct!

Karen said...

Ack! The flu sucks. I had it a few years ago and it was just awful! I hope you feel better soon. Such a pretty ornament!

tkdquintmom said...

Nice work on the 40 ct! Shoot, 32 ct gives me fits with my eyes...I like the teal color.

Carol R said...

Get well soon Dani.
Love your 40ct stitching,

Carmen said...

So sorry to hear you have the flu!! Hope you get welll very soon!

Angela said...

The ornament is very pretty, I love the floss color. I haven't tried anything higher than 32 ct not sure how that would go! Hope you feel better soon :) I'm praying for illness to stay away until after my concert on Saturday!

stitcherw said...

Your ornament is lovely, and what a brave lady to give the 40 ct a go, I can't imagine stitching on something so tiny. Beautiful squares you received as well. Great pictures from the concert, it looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time. Sorry to hear that you've been ill. Hopefully you're better now and the rest of the winter the bug will stay away.
Sue