More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Greetings From the Adirondacks!


Whew! What a whirlwind the last 24 hours have been!

I started out on Saturday morning going to see the new Batman movie, it was most excellent! Then it was back home to get ready to go out with Todd, my brother, his girlfriend and her son to see The Freedom Fight in Gatineau Quebec. My brother totally lucked out and through a friend of his got us excellent seats, very close to the ring. I'll only put up a few pictures as I know full contact Mixed Martial Arts is not everybody's cup of tea.



After a late night last night I was back in the car this morning with my Mum we're now in Keene, NY staying at a beautiful Country Inn! Wow this definitely a beautiful corner of the world!!! So after last nights fighting here's the other extreme... we got to witness a Polo scrimmage!



Tomorrow we're hoping to go horseback riding... hopefully I'll be able to keep you updated.

16 comments:

Dani said...

I love the Adirondacks! DH and I took a drive up through them back when he was stationed in Saratoga Springs, NY. Of course that was in the fall, so lots of great foleage. Have a great trip! Keep us posted :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful vacation.

Petra said...

looks pretty up there!

Velda said...

Nope don't like the fighting....but I LOVE your nature photos. Can you explain the cemetery more?

Mel in Dubai said...

Oh, so beautiful and green! I really miss green :) Have fun and be safe!

Charlene said...

Dani, just to let you know that I've nominated you for a blog award over on my blog ^.^

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a fun time!

Stephanie said...

Hey sounds like you're having a wonderful holiday - enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I love your photos! And the little beaded ornament is too cure for words - well done!

If you care to visit my blog, I've nominated you for a (different) award there... someone who is so good at both stitching and photography is definitely "Kreativ"!

Anonymous said...

Ack! I meant "cute", not "cure" of course! Darn dystypia - sorry!

Louanne said...

Dani, Welcome to the US! LOL! The Adirondacks look lovely this time of year. Sounds like you are really enjoying your vacation!

Lynne said...

I hope you have a WONDERFUL vacation. I can't wait to see more of your pics !

Anonymous said...

My daughter is going to college up there in the Adirondacks! it's about 20 miles from the canadian border! of course right now she is with her brother and sisiter in law in Mississippi or I would tell you to look her up! hahahahaha!
Have fun!


Gayle~~~flosswoman11@yahoo.com

Erin said...

DH got me hooked on MMA...I competely loved watching FightQuest on the Discovery Channel.

And how funny, I think I know EXACTLY where you are staying....for our honeymoon, we went to the Adirondacks, and stayed at a B&B in Keene that had stables and a polo field!!

Hannah said...

Hey Dani. Keene is about 1 hour south of where my family lives. However, my mom and grandparents are currently in flight to Alaska :) I'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

I grew up in the Adirondacks in Ticonderoga, between Lake George and Lake Champlain. I love it there and spent a week there earlier this month.

I hope youhave fun!

You'll have to go back in the fall sometime. :D Have you tried any of the maple syrup?

~Holly