More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Where Have You Been ... What Have You Been Doing?

Greetings everyone! Sorry I haven't blogged in DAYS! I've been busy/tired/migraines! Pick one and its been happening! I'm sooo looking forward to the massage I've got booked next Thursday. Needless to say not much stitching has been happening in my house!

Tuesday I was knocked on my ass by yet ANOTHER migraine! So, no stitching. I think I'm just stressed by the season... getting the gifts bought... work... the weather.

Wednesday was my running around day to get things done for Christmas (except for my fruit & veg. I'll get that tomorrow). We had MORE snow! At least another 10cm... I think we got a little more than that. This snow made driving a nightmare (see the above picture), my couple of hours worth of running around and shopping turned into six and a half hours! Once I got home I had ornaments to ornamentify, it took me until 12:30am but they're all done. Here's this year's bounty of ornaments (a total of 17).



Today I got to come right home after work! Yay! My ornaments are all packed up to give out at work tomorrow. I tell you that's a huge relief. I'm so looking forward to tomorrow, the last day of school! Then I don't have to step foot in the building until January 7th, 2008!!! I had a parcel and a card waiting for me in the mail today, what a lovely treat! Beatrice sent me a card with a couple of lovely DMC Light Effects in it. I also got this lovely Christmas ornament from and made by Jennifer Aikman-Smith (of Dragon Dreams), its sitting on the fabric for Moonlight Guardian that Jen was kind enough to pick up for me because I was having a hard time locating the required fabric in 28ct. Thanks Jen! The Santa is just too cute!


Now that this is all done, my biggest decision is what to stitch on tonight? Paradigm Lost, since I haven't participated in the SAL this week? Or Christmas Elf Fairy which I'd like done before the big day (not that its going to make it on the wall!).





14 comments:

Dawn T. said...

Wow...all of your ornies look fantastic!! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Kathy A. said...

You can give yourself a big pat on the back!! What a great stash of Christmas ornaments you made. {{{hugs}}}} for those terrible migraines. Hope you are better soon. Miss you lots.
Check out the SAL blog when you can.

Becky K in OK said...

Wonderful display of ornaments. Hope your co-workers love and appreciate them. Migraine, migraine, go away, don't come another day!

Concetta said...

What fabulous ornaments, Dani! What lucky co-workers you have.

I hope you feel better soon. Wishing you & your loved ones a Merry Christmas!

Karoline said...

Gorgeous ornies Dani, congratulations

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at all of those ornaments! You certainly have been busy ornamentifying. :) Everything looks great. Merry Christmas!

stitcherw said...

Your ornaments all look awesome, beautiful every one. You've certainly had a productive time with them all. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well with the migraines and all. Hopefully life will slow down a bit for you now and they'll stop bothering you.
Sue

Andrea said...

No wonder you have a migraine with all of that running around. Doesn't look very nice, all of that snow. :(
Wonderful ornaments, you had a very productive time.

Anonymous said...

That must have been one helluva finishing night lol. They look great! I bet your tree looks wonderful with all those stitched ornaments :o)

The Silver Thistle said...

Hello! Found your blog from..ummmm, Jo's (I think it was) and had to let you know how fab your ornaments are! I'm envious! I haven't managed even one tiny one this year......there's always next year though, lol.

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and I look forward to hearing your news in 2008.

Carla said...

lovely ornies! all beautifully stitched and finished! Great job!!

Heather said...

I love the ornaments, oh my gosh, there are tons of them! I need to be good and do more of them next year. :D

Lynne said...

You are AMAZING !!!! Even with Migrains you manage to make such beautiful ornaments.

Beatrice said...

Marvelous!!!
All those ornaments are gorgeous!