More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, December 09, 2007

A New Start

I finally gave in and allowed myself a new start, though I do have other projects already started that could use my attention. I have started : Tour Des Marques (I did do one floss length on it on Saturday), Paradigm Lost, Pomegranates and Pears, Mini Cottages 5, and Cats in Baskets. I have two pieces at the moment I should actually admit they are UFO's now I do actually want to stitch them, so they're not in the I don't love you anymore pile. They are The Accolade and Celestial Dragon, they just keep getting put aside.

Now you're wondering what did I let myself start? Well I've had this kit for a year now, and its Christmasy! I started Mirabilia's Christmas Elf Fairy. I swapped out the linen and used 32 ct Opalescent Lugana, Precious Metals from Silkweavers. I think she'll stitch up quickly since this is what I've gotten done since I started it on Saturday.

Tomorrow I should give Tour Des Marques a little lovin'

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that one, it is so cute! Don't you just love/hate that there are so many charts you want to stitch at once. I have 4 items on scroll rods that I try to stitch on and never know which one I want to stitch and I have another one I want to start too...ahhh, the life of a stitcher, such a wonderful quandry.

msstitch01 said...

Your fairy looks great so far Dani. You got alot of stitching done in a short amount of time.

Kathy A. said...

Your Christms fairy is lovely. If the rest of it stitches up that fast you will have it done in no time. Stay warm, my friend

Anonymous said...

That's such a pretty one. I have it in my stash too.

Chiloe said...

We're are not going to tell you anything because it's christmas !!! lol I love your new start: she's waiting for me too ;-)

mainely stitching said...

That is very Christmas-y - love those rich reds!

Louanne said...

You've got a big start there on CEF. Love the fabric! You'll be done in no time! Looking fab!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

My goodness gracious this IS a lot done on the elf :)
LOVE the fabric you chose to stitch it on!

Dawn T. said...

Great start on the elf! I can't wait to see your update on TdM:)

Unknown said...

Awesome sart on her! I have had this one for about a year now and hae yet to strat on it but I recently finished up Miribilias Halloween Fairy so I won't get to this one this year. :)

Karoline said...

Nice start Dani, it doesn't look like she'll take you long

Abi said...

That's a great start Dani. I'm sure you'll be done in no time at all.

Stephanie said...

Oh - very seasonal - I like the fabric you chose. There is never such a thing as too many starts. Is there? :)

Mindi said...

Beautiful start Dani, and I love the fabric you picked for her. I've been feeling an urge for a new start, but so far have been able to deny it. I really want to get a few other pieces finished first.

Ranae said...

Wow! Nice start on the Christmas Elf. She is looking good.

Jane said...

Wow, Dani! You do such lovely work and you crank them out so fast. This one is just beautiful, I love the christmassy colors! Enjoy!

Needlearts Kelly said...

You've made great progress real quickly!

I really laughed when you said you had an "I don't love you anymore" pile. That's a perfect name for a few of my piles!

Hannah said...

Wow! What a start you've made! Another awesome fabric choice!

Carla said...

Great start! Love this Christmas fairy!

Beatrice said...

That looks like it will be very pretty on that fabric. Nice start!

Lynne said...

What a GREAT start !!! You are no where near the top of the WIP list so start as many as you want LOL.