More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I Got RACJ'ed!

Today I received a Random Act of Christmas Joy! At least that's what I'm calling it! This afternoon on my way home I stopped in at the General Store to pick up my mail. There was a parcel oh so gently shoved into my P.O. box (note the sarcasm). At first I just assumed it was the next Neighbourhood RR, then I looked at the return address. It was from Judy! I wasn't expecting anything from Judy at all (you may recall she won my 800th post draw earlier this year and I made her a needlebook)!


Here's the contents of her parcel!



A beautifully stitched pair of mitts! I've got them hanging up with my Christmas cards in my living room. Two Laura Secord chocolate santas which are long gone by now (Chocolate does not have a shelf life around here), gourmet hot chocolates which I will enjoy as this week winds down to Friday, and a beautiful Santa ornament for my tree. Thank you so much Judy such a pleasant surprise after driving home in another heavy snowfall.


We're supposed to get another 2-4 cm of snow ... however it was snowing when I was driving home at 4pm and its still coming down at 11pm.


I did stitch tonight but not like the madwoman I've been over the last few weeks. I'm tired and I'm ready for Christmas break! Only 8 working days to go. This time of year is always the hardest to get through... I'm sick of making lunches for work, sick of getting up, sick of deciding what to wear to work. C'mon Christmas break! I think only those who work in education will understand the grueling pace you go at during the school year. We just go, go, go and when Christmas comes along you're about ready to drop!

16 comments:

Von said...

I get the blahs this time of year too, Dani. Do you think the long hours of darkness contribute? Here's to Christmas break! :D

Lynn said...

What a nice treat to come home to!
I did the drive into Ottawa tonight in the snow and just returned home at midnight. An hour on the way in and an hour and a half on the way back! I'll be counting down to my time off as well. Only I have to wait a little longer as I'm only finished work on Dec. 31st! Hang in there!!

Chiloe said...

Nice gifts !!! Everybody need a vacation , it's too cold to go outside anyway !!! lol

Becky K in OK said...

Lovely surprise. I'll bet the chocolates were good!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely present!

I agree - the end of term is always a drag. Our students go home on Friday and I only have to work 3 days next week - yeah! I hope the holidays arrive quickly Dani

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Isn't that swell?! Congrats!

Rebel In Ontario said...

Beautiful surprise! And a nice relaxing New Year's to look forward too! Don't forget to pack your PJ's!

Carla said...

what a wonderful surprise!

Mindi said...

What a lovely surprise in your mailbox! I'm looking forward to a Christmas break as well, but I'm not sure how much rest I'll get at my parents' house, sounds like my mom has my time planned out.

Hazel said...

Thats a lovely surprise! Yummy too. xxx

Anonymous said...

Very nice package! What a treat. The holidays can't come quickly enough for me, even if I have work at home to keep me busy.

Laural said...

Awesome package! I am totally jealous of how many days you guys get off. They don't want to pay us if we aren't here working so we only get the 24, 25, 31 & 1st off. Total bummer :(

Bine said...

Thank you for welcoming me and adding me to your Canadian Stitching Blogs list. I should really get back to blogging....
I really love the cold fresh air and the snow here in Canada. It's great to be here :-)

Dawn T. said...

What a great surprise! It's lovely.

Cheryl said...

What lovely gifts!! Oh im totally counting down the days til my Christmas hols too

Mylene said...

That's a great surprise, Dani.