More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, December 17, 2007

Framing, Ornament, and Tour Oh My!


Well my drive into work wasn't as horrendous as I had feared it would be, but the board did call a snow day so it was nice and quiet at work!

The first thing I did when I got home tonight was finish up that framing job. Boy, this one was a lot of work! But you know what it looks great! Framed with a simple black frame, and mounted on a black suede mat. It looks sexy!

Once the framing job was finished I finally got to sit down and stitch. I finished up my second Victoria Sampler ornament. I have to say these Beyond Cross Stitch kits are great! They're pretty easy to stitch up and a cool way to learn new stitches. This kit taught me how to do a spider web rose in silk ribbon. I'm pretty pleased with myself over this one!


Christmas Rose
c2000 Thea Duek - Victoria Sampler
Stitched on 25ct White Lugana
Using : DMC floss & perle cotton, #4 kreinik, mill hill beads, silk ribbon

I also got in about an hour and a half in on Tour Des Marques! Wow two weeks in a row, almost a record for me.

Tomorrow when I get home I'll start ornamentification, then the big decision will be what to stitch on next... another ornament? Christmas Elf Fairy? Hmmmm....


Here are some photo's from the snow storm's aftermath. Pretty isn't it?

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Beyond Cross Stitch kits have been so pretty. I know I have a couple of them somewhere. I guess I will have to dig them out for 2008!

Mylene said...

Both finishes are beautiful!
Thanks for sharing the snow pictures.

mainely stitching said...

I love your snow storm pictures, Dani! And your framed jersey did indeed come out looking VERY cool!!

Yuko said...

Your Victoria Samplers works are very beautiful!!
I love their design, but there are many speciality stitches, so I hesitate to start to stitch!
As seeing your works, I really want to start one!
Congratulations!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I'd be pretty pleased too Dani, because that ornament is gorgeous :)
Tour is looking good!
And I'm glad the drive wasn't as bad as you had originally thought :)
Those pictures are lovely...one of a fence post stump could be a postcard!

Karoline said...

Your BCS is lovely and nice progress on tour. Great framing

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

I am in awe of all the snow you got. We hardly get any snow anymore in the DC area. Things have changed a lot since I was younger.

Great progress on Tour!

Dawn T. said...

The ornie is beautiful!

The snow pictures are really pretty. I just want to jump around in all that snow:)

Von said...

I'd love to have more snow if I could just stay home and look at it!! :D Does make for some great photo ops!

Your VS kits came out so nice!

Unknown said...

Your kit came out so pretty! We still have no snow in Germany! Its odd considering they said this would be a bad winter for us.

Hazel said...

What a lot of snow!!! Great stitching! xx

Lynne said...

Your Framing is amazing !!! Congratulations !!
I haven't tried the spider rose ornament yet. I will have to search that one out, your turned out beautiful !!

Carla said...

Wonderful framing job!!!!
The VS ornie you finished is lovely.

Beatrice said...

As usual your pictures are amazing. I wish my Dad could see them.
The jersey is really cool.
And I was just looking at a pattern that called for a spider rose so I know exactly what that is, that's funny!
That is a very pretty ornament.

Beatrice said...

OOps I missed Tour day this week!

Wendy said...

Lovely ornament - your ribbon roses look great! And you did a magnificent job on the framing - congrats!

Kathy A. said...

Wow girl - you are one talented woman. The jersey looks great. I love the ornament with the ribbon roses. There are some on Crystal Tree. Your photos are stunning. I guess I will see this first hand soon. Check out the SAL blog today.

Margaret said...

Such lovely pictures Dani!! Glad the drive wasn't too bad.

You did a fantastic framing job. Congratulations. Great stitching!!

Judith said...

Tour looks great. And that amount of snow I want too.