More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Friday, December 28, 2007

Answering An Old SBQ


Gosh I've been just horrible, not answering SBQ's at all for ages. I keep "saving" them for days I have nothing to blog about... but I always seem to find something to prattle on about.

Here's the one from December 19th

Q : Have you ever helped anyone else learn to stitch? Have you ever helped anyone learn a new stitch or technique?

A : Oh yes! Its a requirement to be one of my friends! LOL! Just kidding, however if you're a friend of mine I'll certainly try to teach you how to stitch. I've even been successful with my two best friends, Claire and Christin, I've even taught Christin's aunt Sue! I often see/think about how fast these people have progressed in their stitching knowledge/abilities. I spent YEARS afraid of linen and evenweave fabrics, I had these girls on them ASAP! They have really gotten to benefit from all of my trials and errors.

I've often helped other stitchers with new techniques and stitches! From sitting down with someone whose frustrated with french knots, teaching the colonial knot instead to teaching other stitchers finishing techniques. I like to help other stitchers, teach them tricks, and tips that make stitching so much easier and enjoyable!

I think deep down at heart I am a teacher... I like to help!

Today I've done my best to keep myself busy so I'm not sitting here sulking over the present thing that I mentioned yesterday. I started yesterday and finished today my gift for the Stitching Blogger's Birthday Exchange. I spent a few hours this afternoon on the finishing, and I got to try a new technique! Yay! I'm very impressed with how it turned out and I hope my recipient (who I don't know at all and her blog isn't in English so its hard to figure out her likes and dislikes... Babelfish didn't do a good job with translating either so I gave up) likes it.

When I'm done online I'm going to pull Paradigm Lost out for the first time in a few weeks.

3 comments:

stitcherw said...

What a cute picture. Looking forward to seeing an update on PL, that is such a neat piece.
Sue

Lynn said...

And you're an excellent teacher!! I'll take lessons any time.
Love the picture!

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry you're still bummed out about the gift thing - it sucks to have to feel like that. On one hand, you feel hurt and neglected, but on the other, you feel like a selfish baby for feeling hurt and neglected. It's an awful circle.

Have you tried other translators?

http://www.google.com/translate_t

http://www.humanitas-international.org/newstran/more-trans.htm