More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Thursday, December 27, 2007

50th Happy Dance of 2007!

As I sit here typing this entry on my laptop, big, fluffy, white snowflakes are falling from the sky (again). We had a bit of a melt over the weekend which left my driveway a dangerous skating rink! I think when this snow is all said and done sometime tomorrow we should have another 13cm.


Sorry I haven't blogged in days, I had fully intended to blog the last few days but first I got wrapped up in Christmas. I had family over for Christmas Eve, and went to my parents for Christmas dinner. In between the celebrations I worked on Christmas Elf Fairy as much as I could, but still it wasn't enough for a Christmas Day finish, nor a boxing day finish. I put the last beads in her just 30 minutes ago! Without further ado...


Christmas Elf Fairy (kit)
c2005 Mirabilia Designs
Stitched on : 32ct Precous Metals Opalescent Lugana (Silkweavers)
Stitched with : Crescent Colours, Whisper, Kreinik #4 Braid & Mill Hill Beads


I have to say my new Tacky Bob made beading sooo much more manageable, beads weren't rolling all over the place, nor getting lost in my lap! Definitely worth the money if you don't have one! Oh yes, my chart if up for trade (see wish list on sidebar) or sale if anyone is interested its unmarked and in good shape! Just e-mail me (tkd underscore chick at hotmail dot com)!


Next up in the stitching roster is something for the Stitching Blogger's Birthday Exchange. My partner's birthday is next month and I've got to get something in the mail ASAP! Ack! I've picked out what I'm going to stitch, and its all kitted up ready to start after I'm done online.


I hope everyone had a great Christmas full of family and friends... and hopefully some great gifts (of course we all prefer stitchy gifts!). I have to say Todd totally failed this year. Needless to say he felt I didn't need any of the big items I put on my list so all I got from him was two DVD's... not wrapped nor the prices taken off just shoved in my stocking the morning of. I have to say that made me feel like crap, and it still does. After 15 years you'd think he'd know me and my likes and manage to pick up SOMETHING for me. This is twice this year he's managed to seriously disappoint me on special days (the last one was my d-day when I sat at home by myself until 11:30pm didn't even come home with a card). He used to be very good that this sort of thing and I feel at times in his eyes I'm not worth the effort anymore, or I'm just being taken for granted that I'm still here, and I still love him.


Here are my two favorite gifts this year, both from my Mum, who managed to totally surprise me! I had no idea she was making either one (yes both hand made)!


Tiger Quilt



Beaded Tiger

23 comments:

Judith said...

Your christmas faerie is beautifull. You received some wonderfull gifts from your mother. I have been drooling by the quilt and also the beaded tiger is beautifull.

Kathy A. said...

Congrats on the finish of Chrismas faerie!!! Good for you. The quilt and beaded tiger from your mom are just beautiful. She loves you lots.
More snow - Good Lord is there an end? Boy, am I gonna hate the weather when I get home.
{{{{{{ hugs}}}}}}}}

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous!! How nice to receive handmade gifts, enjoy! Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Men can be totally useless can't they. I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted for Christmas. I would have been so disappointed too. Maybe you should do the same next year?

The handmade gifts off your mum are gorgeous! And Christmas Elf is really pretty :o)

Karin said...

Your gifts from your Mom are spectacular - I wish I had a mom that crafty. And I'm sorry that you were disappointed - hopefully he'll get the message soon and be more receptive.

Anonymous said...

Dani, Your Christmas elf is GORGEOUS!! Congratulations! I really must pull mine out of my stash and get to work!

Such lovely gifties from your Mum - it's such fun when they manage to surprise us!

Christine S said...

Congrats on your beautiful finish, Dani! The gifts your mom made for you are just wonderful, too.

I really am sorry to hear that you were disappointed on Christmas. That really is no fun at all.

Heather said...

You finished the Christmas Fairy, and it’s so cute <3 I love the quilt and beaded (wow really?) tiger your mom made, both are really cool. Homemade gifts like that are my favorite thing to receive. Your hubby should be scolded for that, tell him to get his act together :P Mine has done things like that before, and it is lame. I am sorry about that. *hugs*

RC said...

Congrats on your 50th hd for the year! Fantastic gifts from your mum! =)

Sharon said...

Wow, 50 finishes! That's amazing. Congrats. Your Mom's gifts are fantastic-love the quilt!

Von said...

Fifty finishes is really something to be excited about and proud of!! Congrats on a really cute finish. :D

I know how disappointing it is for your loved one to not come through for you in the gift department. I think mine was pretty much a dud until about eight years ago. He doesn't always get me what I would have on my wish list, but he's chosen something he has thought about. Perhaps Todd will come around again.

Lady P said...

Dani,

You don't know me. I just lurk and read your blog and look at the lovely stitching you do. But you seem like a really cool girl with a sensible head on your shoulders. With friends like him, who needs enemies. There are worse things than being by yourself. Being underappreciated and mis-treated would be among those worse things. You're worth more than that!

Unknown said...

Great finish on the Fairy! And that quilt is drool worthy. 2008 is my year to make a quilt.

No snow for us this Christmas and I must say I didn't miss it. I'll trade a sunny 60 degree F day for snow any day.

Jane said...

The Elf Fairy is beautiful as all your finishes are. Sorry about the disappointing gift issue. I don't know what it is about some men. They just can't do the gift thing and who knows why. I have had a few doozies myself over the years. My personal bottom was when my husband put one hundred dollars in my stocking. That was my gift! What am I, a hooker or something? He has gotten much better over the years, thank goodness.

Cheryl said...

Congrats on your beautiful finish Dani! 50 finishes is quite an achievement!
Those gifts from your mum are spectacular! I love that quilt. Handmade gifts are so special.
Sorry about Todd, how disappointing. Ive had a few disapointments like that with my DH, now i have to practically give him a list of what i want. Although he did good this year. Anyway, tell him how you feel. Might give him the wake up call he needs. {{hugs}}

Andrea said...

Great finish on Christmas Elf Fairy. Your mum's gifts are gorgeous. Sorry about Todd, don't know what to say really, some men just don't get it do they? Perhaps a kick up the butt might help?!

Anonymous said...

Major happy dance! 50 finishes is quite an accomplishment! And you fairy is very neat!
And as for being disappointed Christmas..just remember..you are the TKD chick! A round house to the butt(or higher heheh) might not go amiss! Who knows maybe he has something he's going to surprise you with for New Years!
Keep your chin up and remember that you ARE worth the effort and all of us who read the blog know that! (We all think you're awesome!)
Stace

stitcherw said...

You're Christmas Elf turned out beautiful, and congratulations on hitting 50 finishes, what an accomplishment. Sorry that Todd disappointed you so badly, you would have thought he would have put a little more time and thought into the holiday. Sometimes men can be so thoughtless, and even if it is pointed out they still don't get it. However, your presents from your mother were absolutely gorgeous. With all your winter and snow at the moment I'll bet the tiger quilt will come in quite handy.
Sue

Heidi said...

Your finish is beautiful!! Sorry Christmas was a bit depressing for you....I know how that can be too, hope that things get better for you very soon!

Lynn said...

Sorry to hear that Todd disappointed you on Christmas. Sometimes men just don't seem to get it!! We need to have a talk with him and remind him just how special a person you really are!
Your Mom's gifts were awesome!! I love the quilt. Now we know where you get your talent from!
Congrats on Christmas Fairy. She's beautiful!

Mary said...

Congrats on finishing Christmas Elf Fairy! She's beautiful. Your mom's christmas presents to you are absolutely beautiful as well. Very nice presents from her. I refrain from commenting on Todd's gifts.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Kalu V said...

ohh! she she still for sale or trade?!?!?! i've been wanting to stitch her forever

Michelle said...

Congrats on the finish! She is beautiful. The two gifts from your mom are amazing - what a talent she has! I'm so sorry to hear about your disappointment with Todd - big hugs!