More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Saturday, November 03, 2007

For Lynn -- Michael Powell

Lynn sent me a comment and asked me if she could see my Michael Powell I mentioned in an earlier post this week as she wasn't familiar with him.

Well Lynn you're in for a treat! His stuff is just wonderful, colourful, and fun! Here's a link to his website for you to take look at all his stuff. Michael Powell is a Welsh artist and in the last few years a lot of his hart has been turned into cross stitch! Oh yeah when you're at his website be sure to become a member he has some nice little freebies. Also every now and again one of his designs tends to show up in UK magazines.
Some of you may wonder where do I buy my Michael Powell kits/charts from... well from one of my favourite shops : Knowledge and Needles

Here are the MP's I've stitched so far :

Mini Cottages 1-4


Mini Cottages 8


And My current MP WIP Mini Cottages 5

13 comments:

Barbara J said...

Have always wanted to stitch the MP freebie, but as always some other stitching gets in the way ;)

Kathy A. said...

Nice work on the Michael Powell's. That reminds me I have a bunch tucked away somewhere!! Neve enough time.

Julie said...

Great collection! I really like his work. I think I even have a couple of kits to stitch up as well.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

Lovely collection of MP cottages. Great start on #5.

glamlawlib said...

I like Michael Powell's designs too, your collection is lovely! I did the big middle design of Tuscan Gardens and it nearly finished me off LOL :)

mainely stitching said...

I also love the MP website - and those freebies!! :D Your stitching is GREAT!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

WOW Dani, they are gorgeous! I've never seen him before...but I love his style!

Anonymous said...

I am also passionate about MP's designs, I have done two, and have two others to still do.

He is very nice should you email him too. I suggested he have his patterns as a down load, like pattersonline, and he answered me personally - I thought his assistant would have got back to me.

I suppose if enough stitchers asked him to have his patterns as a download he may make them available.

Wanda said...

Love the designs they are really unique! Your work is great

Carol said...

Your MP collection is very, very impressive!!

Ruth said...

I just love your cottages. They are so pretty. Congrats on fine finishing and in processes :)

Unknown said...

I just finished my first Michael Powell, but I have a lot more in my stash and I'm putting them on top of the queue!

Karen said...

Hehe.. I'm playing comment catch up today. ; ). I really enjoy the colourfulness of Micheal Powell designs and have thought about buying them on several occassions. I think they're so bright and cheerful and so pleasant to look at. Thanks for sharing your collection!