More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Photo Hunt #72 "Happy"

I found this gem of a picture going through my old files... This is my niece Emma at the age of 4, taken in 2004 by the shores of the Mississippi River (the Canadian one). I took her and my nephew, Nick down for a walk through the trails in Blakeney in the fall and for an ice cream afterwards. Aunts get to do the best things!

I put in some more time on my biscornu for my exchange this evening and worked on The Castle for the rest of the night. I should be hitting the 1/2 way mark really soon!

3 comments:

Stitcher S said...

What a beautiful photo! The river looks so blue and clean, too.
Glad you made good progress on your Castle. Take care, Sue

Crazee4books said...

Hi Dani,

My apologies. Somehow I've lost your email address. So I'm contacting you via your Blog to let you know that your parcel has arrived safe and sound.

I am Gob-smacked!!! Holy Cats!! Wow!! Thank you so very, very much.

I think that you must have heard the gasping sound that I made all the way to your house when I opened your package and found that exquisite little needle book. A cat, in autumn coloured verigated thread. How perfect. I've been looking at this over and over, holding it up to the light, turning it over. I'm speechless!!

Thank you so much Dani. I will treasure this forever!! I can't wait to take it (carefully) into work and show it to all the girls. Be warned...your ears will probably be burning all day Thursday as I proudly show my new needle holder off.

Would you believe that I've never seen 1 over stitching in person, so to speak, before??? It's so tiny!! What count is this material??? 50???

And of course thank you for the needles, the beautiful Autumn coloured DMC threads, the chocolate and the card, which my DH and I found very interesting. I have a small collection of cards such as this.

You Rock Dani!!!! CHeers Judy

Beatrice said...

Boy what a cutie. And the river here is much nicer then the other one!!!!
Great photo!