More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Monday, July 09, 2007

SBQ from June 22nd & A Question Answered


As you've probably noticed, I don't necessarily rush to answer SBQ's. I have a simple reason for that... I like to save them for days I don't have stitching progress or any news of merit to share with you.

So, here we go....

Q : When you start a new work do you look for something small, do you look for another huge project or do you consider your UFOs?


A : I really don't like to have too many projects sitting around... so when I finish a large project if I have another one I may have started when I had a serous case of start-itis.... or as I'm likely to do start a SAL then get hit by another project that has to get done . I'll pick that up as my next project. Of course that doesn't mean I'll go a little crazy on small designs for awhile! Which you'll definitely see me do when Noah's Sub is done. My next project to finish after Noah's Sub (which Kathy wanted to know) will be The Castle. I started this as a SAL back in January and due to my desire to get Noah's Sub finished I've kinda abandoned that. I'd say I'm close to 1/2 done on The Castle.

I got a question via the comments today from Margaret, she wanted to know when did I start Noah's Sub. Well I've gone back into my progress pictures the earliest one I can find is from July 3, 2002... that's when I finished page one. So I must of started it in 2002... and its now 2007 five years... wow the longest I've ever had a WIP! You know what, I'm going to finish it this year... this summer! The drive is on and I feel that urgency I often get when a project is finally taking shape and the end is in sight.

I did work on the Sub again tonight... I finished the waves, and started the water below the surface, even the outlines of the portholes! I'm looking forward to working on it tomorrow when I get home from work.

Tonight I also started my first flat fold while Todd was watching a show on TV... he likes it, it makes me leave the room. So I started the flat fold process. Will I finish it tomorrow, I don't know, we'll see what the day brings (besides physio... yuck!).
Oh... and Jenna, yes I did get highlights done in late May... I've never had so many compliments on my hair in my life!

Photo : Sunset at Black Lake (outside Perth, Ont.) this is an oldie... from my files in 2002!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dani

I love your Noah's sub! I remember following your progress on this a few years ago.

That's a pretty photo too, the sky is a gorgeous colour.

ollie1976 said...

Beautiful picture.
-Jen

Aussie Stitcher said...

I love that picture.

Joanne

Kathy A. said...

Wow, we must be on the same wavelength. I just posted a sunset on my blog - but it was from last week. LOL

Dawn T. said...

I love the picture! It looks so peaceful:)

How is your foot doing? I hope it is getting better.

Claire said...

Ahhh Noah's Sub! One of the many patterns I want to do. At least I can live vicariously through yours:)
Cheers

Michelle (Mollylanguedoc) said...

I wish I could walk right into that picture!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that sunset's as old as the sub :) I hope you're able to get it finished this summer!

ragamuffin child said...

That photo is gorgeous! It reminds me of our lake at home in Maine...probably a good reason for that :)