More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Finish It Friday


Well, last night around 9:30PM I got the finishing bug! So I went with it and pulled out Sweetheart Tree's "Don't But Me (while I'm stitching)" to finally turn into something I can hang on the wall in my stitching area. I'm very pleased with it. I thought the stretching might be tricky since the piece is on linen. However, I must be getting good at lacing/stretching because with some minor adjustments it looked perfect! I guess my tip to you, if you're getting frustrated with stretching is just keep doing it, it does get easier!


I stayed home sick yesterday, with the cold I told you about earlier in the week. During my waking hours (when I wasn't sleeping!) I started the Prarie Schooler ornament from the JCS 06 Ornament Issue. This is my choice for an Ornament RR so I figured get it stitched up instead of procrastinating. I didn't finish it yesterday but I did make descent progress.


Its Saturday now since it was pretty late when I finished my finishing, that's why I didn't post it last night. I'm getting ready to head out of the house (sitting here eating a quick breakfast) to teach three classes at TKD. Then my Mum and I will be picking up my niece, Emma and taking her out for lunch (she's turning 6 on the 11th) and to Build-A-Bear for an early b-day gift. I've had a cold all week and ended up taking off a couple of days from work. I'm feeling better this morning, but I hope I have the energy to do all of this!

8 comments:

Shelleen said...

it came out great. I don't mind the lacing but have a hard time with the corners looking neat.

Karin said...

I love the new finish! You did a great job with the lacing and stretching.

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

I love your finishing on this one! Great work:)

stitcherw said...

This is so cute, I really like the little bugs on it. Your finishing looks great. Hope you're feeling better.
Sue

Anne S said...

Don't bug me looks awesome finished like that! Just beautiful :D Hope your illness goes away soon :)

Trish said...

It came out great! I don't know how to stretch, so I give everything to my LNS to finish!

Gina E. said...

Hi Dani,
I haven't been here for a while, so I've just spend 10 minutes admiring all your gorgeous work. Love the Don't Bug Me project - very appropriate!!
Do you do a lot of Prairie Schoolerl designs? I have just completed a large one which was a commission for the Embroiderer's Guild here in Melbourne. I haven't put a pic of the finished article on my blog yet, but you can see my progress over the past month or so.
Have a great Christmas!
Gina

Lucy said...

Now that's what I need...I'd wear it around my neck!!!