More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Friday, December 16, 2005

SBQ and Musings

Q : Take a minute to reflect on your blog reading habits and preferences. What do you prefer to read in stitching blogs? (Progress, tips, family life, experiences, etc.) How much do you think you are influenced by other stitching bloggers?

A : I like to read purely stitching blogs! I like progress pictures and finished projects, especially when the method to do the finishing is different. Its a great way to gather ideas and to be enabled! I know it sounds mean but I do prefer it when bloggers keep their personal life/family life to a minimum. But I've always been that way when I read my BB's and Yahoo groups I tend to avoid all the personal stuff. I'm there to get stitching information not someone's life story.

Yes I sound quite callus.

Onto stitching talk! I think I might be able to finish my stocking this weekend... so keep your eyes peeled for an HD (I hope). Once that is done I need to take the stocking to my Mum so she can finish it for me. The next item I need to stitch is my Ornament RR which is supposed to be mailed out on Monday. I think I'm going to be late.

As the year comes closer to its end I start to think about what I hope to stitch during the following year. I have no clear plan/goals yet. I do know two things though. That I want to finish Noah's Sub and Celtic Banner!

Now here's a little of personal life stuff I told you I like kept to a minimum in Blogs. Tonight I have discovered that Cuddles (my grey cat) goes ga-ga for pitas and hummus!

Cats are weird.

3 comments:

Bastet said...

Pita and hummas? Differant. My male cat will eat just about anything he finds, especially if it's been on the floor awhile.(he's been known to noticed food fall before you and nudge it under something)The worst I know of was Hershey's kisses and cough drops, he'd eat the kisses foil and all,and lick the drops.

Looking forward to seeing the stocking completed! It's been a joy watching it come together.

Gina E. said...

Hi Dani,
I agree 100% with you about keeping different things separate on blogs. Like you, I love to see both progress pictures and finished objects, also details about how other stitchers do things. This is the reason I started my other Blog Patra's Other Place, because my day to day life had started intruding on Patra's Place, which was intended just for my linen and stitching. Now blog readers have a choice - read about my linen, or me, or both! By the way, I notice on A Peacock's Feather you asked Danielle how she got the stamps to stick to the fabric on the mailart she did for me. She stuck them on the usual way (wetting the stamps) then she put sticky tape over them and across the fabric, to make sure they stayed on. I think she put the sticky tape on after they had been franked.

Erin said...

I'm the same way...I prefer "strictly-stitching" blogs. There are exceptions, of course....Suz (suzemo) comes to mind, because her writing is just so darned fun to read....
I try to keep mine as stitching-oriented as possible, although it does tend to stray from time to time (usually it strays when I'm trying to explain why I haven't been stitching!! hahaha).