More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas is Coming!

Well I had a nice day of pressies today!

This morning I had a lovely surprise sitting by my computer, a gift bag. Inside was a lovely musical snowman from Patti.

Then this evening I met up with Christin for our Guild meeting. I hadn't brought her Christmas presents with me because we are meeting up for lunch Thursday afternoon (we both got a 1/2 day for shopping from our bosses). She wanted me to have mine so she could explain one of the gifts. She had lots of goodies for me! There was a CD, Big Shiny Tunes 10, a large Toblerone (I love those at this time of year!), a chart
Sewing Seeds of Friendship a collaborative design with Teresa Wentzler, Jennifer Aikman-Smith, and Karen Weaver. I almost bought this chart at the Stitching Bits and Bobs Sale... whew! A skein of Dinky Dyes Silk in Fantasy Blues, some beads, and an ornament. The gift that needed explaining was a gift certificate for my favorite hair dresser! I've been complaining I need a haircut (last one was at the end of June) but couldn't afford it. This is partially my birthday gift as our hair dresser is expecting at the end of March which is when my b-day is.

Tonight's guild meeting was our annual sweets pot luck and ornament exchange. I got a fantastic canvaswork ornament this year! Its gorgeous and its a form of needlework I don't do, so that's really cool.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ornament you received is beautiful! Congrats on all of the lovely pressies - I like the collaboration sampler, too. Merry Christmas, if I don't pop in again before then!

Anne S said...

Great prezzies - and beautiful ornament you received too ... and what a great gift of a haircut :)