More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Saturday, December 31, 2005

All Caught Up!

Yay! I'm now all caught up on my Ornament Round Robins! Wednesday night I got a very small start on the next round of the JCS Retro Ornament RR, but I finished it this evening at my friend Chrisanne's in Cornwall.

Here's Pointsettia c2002 Amarillys Artworks. Its stitched on 28ct Silver Blue Linen using SNC silks, Anchor threads and Kreinik Braid. I really love this ornament, how it turned out and I've wanted to stitch it since I saw it in the 2002 JCS Ornament Issue. This design had one new stitch to me, the Arrow Head Cross Stitch.



I had a nice over-nighter at Chrisanne's. I headed out to Cornwall on Thursday afternoon despite the freezing rain we had the night before, and the threats of more to come. The highways were just fine and I made it there in good time. We exchanged Christmas presents, Chrisanne loved the Victoria Sampler Christmas Kit I got her. Lindsay of course loved the huge Scooby-Doo. Their gift to me just made me laugh! A t-shirt that says Coronation Street, Rover's Return! (Yes I'm a Corrie junkie). We went out for Chinese for dinner, and stitched the rest of the evening away (Chrisanne couldn't help her self and started her new VS kit).

Today we started out stitching. Went to Alexandria and had lunch in this great hole in the wall resturant that does only breakfast and lunch. Thanks Chrisanne's Dad for lunch! For a while in the afternoon I played video games with Lindsay on her new game system. Then it was time to go see Chronicles of Narnia. Wow what a fantastic movie and they've kept it pretty true to the book! It was wayyyy better than King Kong! This evening we stitched, I had to put some Queen Stitches on Chrisanne's piece as she thinks her's look like garbage, and I finished my ornament. Now I'm back home watching TV with my other half and blogging.

No comments: