More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Weeks

Well I never got around to answering it last week and here we go, I get another one! Neither of these will have very exciting answers, but here we go...

Last Week's SBQ
Q: What is your most unique/interesting stitching quirk? (This could be something concerning the way you stitch, how you organize your stash,etc.)

A: Besides the fact that I like to stitch obsessively I don't have any unique quirks. I like to have my thread and needle ready to go for the next time I stitch when I put a project away. If this means next time I stitch I'm starting a new thread I will have that new thread started and enough stitches in to secure it so I can get going. I thought about this one all week and couldn't come up with anything interesting to entertain my faithful readers!

This week's SBQ
Q: Have you hand-dyed your own fabric? Why or why not? Would you like to try to do so?

A : No I haven't but then there are enough people out there who do such a great job I'd rather buy my fabrics from companies such as Silkweavers and Sugar Maple Fabrics, etc. I also that not all patterns lend themselves well to hand dyed fabrics. I use them only when its appropriate. I've noticed there are stitchers out there that put everything on a hand dyed fabric, sometimes it distracts you from the design. But then sometimes they add something special to the piece.

I was back to work today after an extra long weekend, and Mini Cottages 2 got the appropriate attention during breaks and lunch! I got two parcels in the mail today, first was my next ornament in the JCS 04 Ornament RR I'm in. The second was supplies from Traditional Stitches, boy am I impressed with the speed I ordered them on the 28th and they arrived today! These supplies are for another JCS Ornament RR that is starting up in September.

Tonight I'll be working on Celtic Band Sampler. On both Monday and Tuesday I managed to complete one band each day, maybe I'll get one more done today!!!

No comments: