More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Stitching Bloggers Question Of The Week

How do you explain cross stitch to non-cross stitching people? Do they get it or do they say “Oh, right.. you do knitting then (or sewing, or needlepoint)"?

I do get asked frequently what I'm doing and yes often people call it sewing, knitting, needlepoint. I am a cross stitcher... my passion is cross stitching. Over the years I have given up trying to explain it I just say yeah I'm doing NEEDLEWORK. I suppose that's close enough. If they continue to ask me questions I'll continue to answer but most people are happy to leave it at needlework. Some people are amazed that the pattern is not already on the fabric.... I do counted cross stitch but I never bother to explain that either. Usually once I tell them what its going to be I get left alone after that.

No comments: