More Black Belt Stitching Wizard Stuff

Sunday, January 25, 2004

A Colourful Happy Dance

Ahhh its been nice to have the weekend to stitch... well except for late this afternoon that's toast because I'm attending some Women In Taekwon-Do training session. I think I was suffering withdrawl because I barely stitched all week!

So here it is, the fruit of my labours :

Michael Powell's Mini Cottages I c2002

This has been an on and off (more off than on) travel piece for me between Christmas ornaments since August of 2003. So it was about time I finished it off. This is stitched on 14ct aida using Anchor floss, a kit I purchased from Knowledge and Needles. I have to complain about this kit, I did run out of at least 3 Anchor colours. Luckily I was able to find DMC equivalents that were a barely noticeable shift in colour, since Anchor isn't readily available around here and I wasn't about to wait for more to come in the mail.

Michael Powell's art is really cute! It kinda makes me think of Whovill from Dr. Seuss's "Grinch Who Stole Christmas". I plan on stitching Mini Cottages II & III in the future and framing all three as a set.

To check out more of Michael Powell's Art go to his website.

No comments: